Amita, my college roommate and best friend, and her adorable daughter Riya came to visit us for a week! They live in CA and Brent and I hadn't had the chance to meet our precious godchild yet! We worked together to get them here for a long visit and we had a great time!!!Let me just say: Amita is in the trenches. I'd forgotten how constant parenting was when mine were 1. Amita is doing an amazing job!!!
Amita and I had fun trying to re-frame all of Riya's traits into positive light so here's the list:
persistent
strong willed
selective
determined
enthusiastic/zestful/boisterous
tenderhearted
dramatic
committed to her goals (opinionated)
This would be a list of VERY positive traits on an adult's resume! In other words, these are traits we want her to keep, but they are sure hard to work with when she's so little. :-)
We all enjoyed being together! Our boys acted like big brothers for Riya and she followed them everywhere and even started walking! She'd taken a step or two before arriving, but when she left she would stand up in the middle of the room and walk about 14 steps!!! I felt so blessed to see her make this change! She was justifiably very proud of herself!
Amita he taught me a few new Indian dishes...it was so fun to cook together! However, it was a difficult task while also taking care of three tired children. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment