Fun at the ranch:


The logo for the 2009 Westwood Auction:

On the running front, my Luke's group is going to make the loop around White Rock Lake for the first time this Saturday. I'm so excited! We run beside it every week, but have done "out and backs" so far for shorter mileage. The whole loop is 9 miles and I'm so excited!
I'm working hard to eat enough protein for all the muscle recovery...and I'm the protein queen! Right now eggs are my go to food for a yummy, healthy way to easily get protein. I get especially excited when I score eggs from the farmer where we buy raw milk...the eggs have medium to deep orange yolks, a sign of quality and deliciousness!
I poached a couple eggs the other day for brunch and served them over mixed greens. I drizzled some fire oil on them and they looked so delicious that I took a picture...they were fabulous! I loved the combination of the random bitter greens and the "dressing" made from the fire oil and the smooth, runny yolks.
The boys were jack-o-lanterns for Halloween...too cute! I wanted to eat them up. They chose the shapes for their faces and Reid even sewed his on and helped with the leaves, too. These pictures are from a Halloween carnival in our neighborhood...the vines on the hats were removed for school and trick-or-treating and it looked less cluttered.
The boys actually requested that I take a picture of them with our porch pumpkins and their little decorated pumpkins from the neighborhood carnival. Apparently when they *ask* for the picture they will both smile. :-)
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment