I just did my first "run!" I feel good.
I don't like the time of day, but I didn't want to use any more excuses. I'll try a morning run another day. Anyway, I have one thing to say about going SLOW...it's hard! It's hard to control my body so much, to not use a forward "lean" to propel myself, and to rein in my instinct to go fast. I was able to enjoy the flowers and breeze and sound of the crunching leaves. :-)
I'll post updates on here as a way to track progress and to be accountable because, sad to say, that will help me. (BTW, the "plan" is to do 30 minutes every other day.)
my notes: 35:3w,21j,5w,4j,2w
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good for you! I've ran off and on for years, but not nearly enough as I should. More gets done in the Winter when I run on my in-laws treadmill.
Keep it up, I actually find it insanely relaxing :)
Thanks, Erica! It's HOT here in Texas. I'm not a fan of hot, so I'll see. I have access to a treadmill (at the Y), but that will just add a whole 'nother element of work so...
Ohhhh, yeah, I bet it is hot down there! We have escaped any blistering heat here. I think I'm gonna try running a few days a week with the boys. That double jogging stroller is now calling my name!
I have to tell you, I posted my recipe for taco shells wrong! When I went back to check it out, I noticed I forgot to mention that I used 1 TBS of whey in the flour when I soaked it. Not sure if it really matters or not :)
Erica, the double jogger actually calls your name? Mine laughs maniacally.
Post a Comment