I went last night to the last orientation at Luke's. I signed up...really! I will start their program for beginners on Saturday and I'm really excited! The main half marathon program would have been too ambitious and too intimidating for me...possibly leading to injury or burnout. This program also trains for a half marathon, but it starts at zero and works up to the half in December (The Rock) instead of The Half in November.
I never thought I'd want to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) and it even sounded too ambitious yesterday mid-day, but in the afternoon I talked to Reid about my goal. We talked about how it's a big challenge for me and it will take a lot of work...that I'll be really proud if I can do it...that support and encouragement from my family and friends will help a lot. He told me that he will come cheer for me at the race and then he said that he *might* even do the last bit with me to encourage me across the finish line! I almost started crying I love him so much.
And he didn't mean to, but that's a lot of pressure...another form of encouragement, I guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reid sounds like the sweetest little boy! I love the pictures of him in the post below, he's a gorgeous little man :)
BTW, I love his name, the morning we had Oliver, he was almost a Reid. We teetered back and forth with those two names for months!
Good for you on the running!! You can do it, I'm excited for you. How long is the half marathon?
You also inspired me and I got out my jogging stroller and took a jog with the kids this AM. Only about 3/4 of a mile (walked about 1/2 mile), it's hard jogging with 2 in a stroller and one on a bike, but it's a start :) Thanks for the inspiration!
Erica, I'm excited that you got out there, too! Way to go!
A half marathon is 13.1 miles. Thanks for the encouragement!
Names are so fun! We had a girl name chosen easily both times so of course we had boys!
Boy names are tough, we had a hard time naming the last two, haha!
Post a Comment