Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Running

I tried to get up this morning to go running and be back before Brent left for work, but I stayed up way too late last night and I was exhausted. I ended up sleeping until he left (he even had breakfast ready for me! Awww...).

I still wanted to try a day run, which will be an early morning run when the heat of the day becomes unbearable here, so I went ahead and tied on my new shoes, put the boys in our double jogger, and headed out to literally "run some errands." Let me tell you right now, pushing 90 pounds is HARD (minimum 60# of child and about 30# for the stroller)! I wasn't able to jog much at all, but I walked at a nice stride and tried to work the lactic acid out of my sore muscles. We dropped off/picked up dry-cleaning, looped past the house to drop it off, and then headed to the library to exchange books, after a long break there, we headed home.

The "milk exhibit" was at the library. We've seen it before, but Grant was too young to remember so he wanted to watch for a while. It's neat because the side of the trailer opens and you can see a dairy cow and the milking machine, BUT the "farmer" was a little much for me. For example, he said, "people might tell you that chocolate milk is not as good for you as white milk, but that's not true. It won't give you cavities and it doesn't have too much sugar." Huh? Granted, I make really healthy raw, almost sugar-free chocolate milk so that's not too far off, but really, who do you think the "people" are in this case...the parents! I don't think he should contradict things that parents are trying to teach their children! Plus he specifically said you add chocolate syrup to milk to make chocolate milk...do you know what's in that stuff? Then there's the whole issue I have with pasteurized milk...

notes: 40,10:5w,6j,20w,4j,5w,break at library,10w

No comments: